The world is looking for a magic pill or a vaccine to ward-off the Covid-19 threat. It has been 2 years, we are still nowhere close finding any solution.
Vaccines have certainly helped. Omicron spread has just established the fact that vaccination is not an end to the spread of infection.
However, vaccines should be credited for bringing down the casualties.
The time has come we should all take responsibility for our own health. Invest in our health.
By understanding – Why is it that some people get infected very fast and their immune system is not able to cope with the Covid-19 invasion? Many people have lost the battle against Covid-19.
Some people get the infection, they get the symptoms, and their immune system helps them win the battle. They survive. Others get the infection, because of their good immune system, they do not get any symptoms and they remain healthy despite the infection. Then there are those who do not get an infection, as they have a robust immune system.
Healthy Immune System does not develop overnight. Some people get a healthy gene pool. Largely it is our day-to-day habits, our lifestyle, and our intellectual, emotional, and spiritual quotient that helps us develop a robust immune system.
The purpose of this page is to help you develop a good robust immune system by taking-up good habits by way of adopting simple rituals.
These habits will not bring an overnight miracle in your life. However, if pursued regularly with self-discipline, these habits, Ayurvedic rituals, or commandments will benefit you immensely!
The time to kick-start these habits is NOW!
Ayurvedic Immunity Boosting Rituals/Ideas/Commandments
1. Apply Mustard/Almond/Sesame Oil in nostrils every day. If you are in public service then twice a day.
2. Do Sesame Oil Pulling twice a day for 5 to 10 minutes. Post pulling, rinse the mouth with warm water mixed with Turmeric and Rock Salt.
3. Eat 400 grams of seasonal fresh fruits every day, preferably before sunset.
4. Drink Ayurvedic rejuvenating teas or concoctions made with Ashwagandha, Turmeric, bay leaf, Triphala, Tulsi, Clove, Cinnamon, Black Pepper, Shunthi(Dry Ginger) and Raisins/Munakka. Add half a lemon and a spoon of Honey or Jaggery.
5. Hold water in mouth & along with it splash water 10-15 times in your eyes, thrice a day.
6. Massage sole of feet with oil before sleeping.
7. Every day do Yoga & Pranayama (breathing practices) such as Anulom-Vilom, Kapal Bhatti, and Bahmri for 30 minutes daily.
8. Include Almonds, Pistachio, Raisins, Dry Grapes, and Figs in your daily diet.
9. Cook with immune-boosting spices like Turmeric, Cumin, Clove, Black pepper, and other popular spices used in Indian cooking.
10. Take Chyavanprash 10gm (1tsf) in the morning.
11. Golden Milk- Half teaspoon Haldi (turmeric) powder in 150 ml hot milk- once or twice a day.
12. Drink Hot water thrice a day. Especially after you come back from outside, drink tea or hot water at least.